Appetizers are often deep-fried or covered in sugar or salt, which is not the way you want to start a great meal! Try a fresh approach with this healthy option!
Cauliflower Poppers deliver the delicious taste of a baked treat, all while coming from a fresh vegetable. Cauliflower Poppers are not only a great appetizer, they make a gorgeous side dish to almost any meal.
They’re a healthier alternative to popular sides, and are simple to make. They can be made on the grill for a warm-weather option, or indoors on the stove or in the oven. Serve them on a plate or on skewers to make them fun for party guests.
This recipe delivers just the right amount of lemon and curry tastes. With each bite you’ll experience crispy, flavorful goodness!
Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 cauliflower head
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1/2 medium lemon, zested
- 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. (Alternate option: turn grill or stovetop to medium heat)
2. Mix together oil, curry, garlic and lemon juice in a large bowl. Cut florets off cauliflower, and add to bowl. Add in the lemon zest, and mix ingredients well to coat the cauliflower.
3. Place cauliflower on skewers or on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of salt. Place in oven to roast for 25 minutes (turn a couple times during roasting), or until cauliflower is soft and caramelized in spots. (Alternate option: Place on grill or stovetop for 15-20 minutes, following same instruction.)
Optional: Serve on skewers or with toothpicks.
Recipe adapted from Blommi.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 117.5
- Fat 7.25 grams
- Protein 4.25 grams
- Sodium 225.5 mgs
- Carbohydrates 11.25 grams
- Fiber 0 grams
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Lemon Juice||Organic Curry Powder|