French Onion Dip is a classic, and now it’s easier and healthier than ever!
We replaced some of the less-than-healthy ingredients of this classic recipe, bringing it down to less than 35 calories per serving.
Serve it with your favorite vegetables or pita chips, or potato chips if you want to indulge!
The flavors of caramelized onion and perfectly selected spices will make this one of your new favorite party dishes!
“My family loves this dip with our favorite salty chips. I can’t wait to make it again!” – Rebecca F.
Time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 2 tbsp
2 tbsp olive oil
4 small-medium onions, diced
1 1/2 cups fat free Greek yogurt
2 tbsp mayo
2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp celery seed
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until well browned and caramelized, about 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer onions to a medium mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until the onions reach room temperature.
- Set aside ¼ cup of caramelized onions to use as a topping.
- Add remaining ingredients to the onions in the mixing bowl, and stir until evenly combined.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining caramelized onions and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to three days.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 35
- Fat 2.1 grams [Saturated Fat 0.3 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 1.7 grams
- Sodium 42 mgs
- Carbohydrates 2.3 grams
- Fiber 0.3 grams
|Organic Worcestershire||Himalayan Pink Salt||Organic Parsley Leaves|