It’s been a great year at Swanson Health, working every day to help people achieve their health and wellness goals by offering high-quality products and healthy living tips. As we wrap up 2017, our Swanson Health family looked back at all the ways we were simply healthier together this year.
2017 Search Trends in Health
The following topped our lists for search trends this year:
- We searched ‘health’ the most on November 27, 2017, bouncing back after our tryptophan and pumpkin binge.
- California edged out Florida and New York on the apple cider vinegar search obsession.
- Night owls — California, New York and Texas were health and wellness night owls, browsing late into the night from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Our Top 5 Searches
- Fish Oil
- Vitamin C
It was a close call right until the end! For overall searches on swanson.com, ‘turmeric’ edged out ‘magnesium’ while ‘magnesium’ was the top search by state — #1 in 42 states!
Our Top Health and Wellness Blog Posts
30 Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar was the expert health advice you loved the most in 2017 — it’s a 3-year champion for most popular blog post! Plus, 2017 was filled with new healthy living tips that are getting you excited for 2018. Three blog posts are shining bright as we head into the new year:
- Important Facts about Blue Light and Eye Health, a closer look at what is blue light and how you can support your eye health through diet and supplements.
- Top Foods that Promote Eye Health, listing the top foods you can eat to promote eye health, plus information on the effects of blue light and how macular carotenoids, like lutein and zeaxanthin, can support eye health.
- Immune Support for Winter Months, featuring five tips to help you stay healthy and support your immune system during the holiday season.
Expert Health Advice Got More Social in 2017
This year many returning and new customers joined our health and wellness journey on social media, following, engaging and sharing through social media.
Check out Swanson Health’s most popular shared video – How to Create a Sunny-Detox
Our most engaged post – National Best Friends Day
Our total social followers – Weyou too!
314,536 in 45 countries
Most Popular Product Categories
At Swanson Health, we’re more than a vitamins and supplements company. In fact, we have over 22,000 products, ranging from health and wellness to whole-food pantry staples to beauty. So you can stock up on all your essentials for healthy living in 2018 like our multivitamin Daily Essentials Kit, apple cider vinegar with mother, turmeric and even organic coffee.
Here are our most popular product categories for 2017:
- Herbs (turmeric & milk thistle)
- Heart (CoQ10 & magnesium)
- Immune Support (zinc picolinate & vitamin C)
- Digestive Health and Fiber (probiotics & wheat germ)
- Bone (vitamin D)
New Products Inspired by You
Also, the new products we launched in 2017 were inspired by you. Based on your feedback and suggestions, our research and development team combined the best research from the scientific community with the best clinically-backed ingredients to bring you more innovative products that support your health and wellness needs.
You asked for it, we listened.
- “Choosing a daily health regimen should be easier”
We introduced nine wellness bundles, including our Daily Essentials Kit with multivitamin, probiotic, vitamin D, and essential fatty acid (EFA) supplements, so you can shop by the benefits that matter the most to you.
- “Big pills, fish burps, and no plant-based options; there has to be a better fish oil”
- “I spend WAY too much time on my phone. How do I protect my eyes?”
New Vision Defense, formulated with the macular carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, helps protect your peepers in this digital, blue-light-driven world. (read the full Swanson Health Vision Defense press release here)
We thank YOU for trusting in Swanson Health to deliver quality, science-backed vitamins, supplements and wellness products directly to your door. Our goal is to help you (and your family) find the best healthy living products, information and tips to help you be the best version of you.
Here’s to a great 2018, and living simply healthier together!
Visit www.swanson.com/EmailSignup to get special offers and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.
Want more in-depth details on top 2017 year in health items?
Turmeric was a top search term and a best seller in 2017. Learn more about why turmeric is more than a trend in What is Turmeric? Curious about what is blue light and how it may affect your eye health? Read Important Facts about Blue Light and Eye Health for a closer look at blue light and how you can support your eye health through diet and supplements.