Top 10 Supplements for Active Aging
No one can stop the passage of time, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle as we age. In fact, with the right nutritional support, enjoying your favorite activities for years to come is a goal we can all aspire to.
What is Active Aging?
Active aging is all about maintaining a lifestyle that includes healthy activities and routines over the long term. Active aging also includes promoting comfort and energy so that you can continue to enjoy the kinds of activities you love for years to come.
How Can I Support Active Aging?
There are many ways to stay active and enjoy healthy aging. Here are a few easy steps you can take starting today:
- Stay active! Keep enjoying your favorite activities, like taking a morning walk.
- Daily stretch routines are another excellent way to keep the blood pumping and your muscles and joints in great condition.
- Keep in touch! Maintaining positive relationships with friends and family is an important part of supporting healthy cognition over time.
- Promote energy and nutrition with the right supplements to complement your healthy diet and give your body the tools it needs to promote long-term wellness.
10 Supplements for Active Aging
Here is a list of the 10 top supplements to help keep you going strong for years to come:
- CoQ10—An important nutrient for antioxidant defense, CoQ10 is necessary for the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), and is essential for maintaining cellular energy as well as promoting heart health.1
- Pea Protein Powder—Protein is the building block used by the body to support healthy bones and muscle tissues, a benefit that’s especially important over time. Pea protein is an easily digestible option not derived from animal or dairy sources.2
- Vitamin C—This water-soluble vitamin is a powerhouse of healthy aging benefits, playing an essential role in the growth and repair of tissues throughout the body, while also supporting collagen formation, the absorption of iron and healthy immune function year-round.3
- Calcium Citrate + Magnesium—This dynamic duo is a match made in heaven as calcium works to promote a healthy nervous system, joints and bones,4 while magnesium is necessary for proper calcium absorption. Additionally, magnesium has been linked to supporting healthy sleep and a positive mental outlook, among many other benefits.5
- Omega-3 Fish Oil—The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil are known to support cognitive health in addition to promoting smoother joint function and overall cardiovascular health.6
- Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM—Each of these important nutrients plays a pivotal role in promoting healthy and comfortable joints over the long term. Popular combination formulas mean you can enjoy the combined benefits in a single convenient supplement.
- Tri-Fiber Complex—The fiber in this capsule supplement contributes to overall digestive health while also promoting the body’s natural detoxification processes. Adequate fiber intake has also been linked to cardiovascular health.7
- Synergistic Eye Health—The carotenoids in this formula (lutein and zeaxanthin) provide not only antioxidant protection for the eyes,8 but may also help alleviate eye strain caused by the blue light emitted by modern screens like cellphones or computer monitors. As an added benefit, each softgel is delivered in a base of sunflower oil to promote absorption.
- Ultimate 16 Strain Probiotic—A power-packed supplement designed to promote and replenish the healthy microbes in your GI tract necessary to support vibrant digestive and immune health.
- Whole Food Multi without Iron—Supplementing with daily multivitamins has been linked to indicators of healthy aging such as sleep and cognition,9 and with this formula you can benefit from potent vitamins for enhanced nutritional wellness at any age.
How to Choose the Right Supplement for You
Choosing the best supplements for active aging is easier than ever. With a clearer understanding of your particular needs, there are many helpful options to choose from. As with all supplements, just remember to check with your healthcare provider before adding to your general health routine.
With the right lifestyle choices and outstanding active aging supplements like these on your side, the best is yet to come!
Always serving our customers,
Your friends at Swanson
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Coenzyme Q10: The Essential Nutrient. Journal of Pharmacy & BioAllied Sciences. Read source
- Protein. Victoria, Australia State Department of Health. Read source
- Vitamin C. Mayo Clinic. Read source
- Calcium. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Read source
- The Surprising Health Benefits of Magnesium. University Hospitals. Read source
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Cleveland Clinic. Read source
- Fiber. Harvard Health. Read source
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin. Nutrients. Read source
- Daily Multivitamin. National Institute on Aging. Read source