- Promotes restful sleep
- Encourages positive mood
- Tested to be free of Peak E and microbial contamination
NOW® L-Tryptophan is pharmaceutically pure--every lot is tested to be free of Peak E and microbial contamination. L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid important in human nutrition for the synthesis of melatonin and serotonin, hormones regulating mood and stress response. L-Tryptophan helps support relaxation, sleep, positive mood and immune function. As an essential amino acid, it is not synthesized by the body and must be obtained from the diet. Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nut or sesame ingredients.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size 2 Veg Capsules
Servings Per Container 60
Amount Per Serving L-Tryptophan (Free-Form)1 g (1,000 mg) **
** Daily Value not established.
Other ingredients: Hypromellose (cellulose capsule), Rice Flour, Ascorbyl Palmitate and Stearic Acid (vegetable source).
Suggested Usage: Take 1-2 capsules 2 to 3 times daily on an empty stomach, with final dose at bedtime, or as directed by your physician.
Caution: For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication (especially antidepressants such as SSRIs and MAOIs), or have a medical condition. May cause drowsiness. Do not use with alcoholic beverages or while operating heavy machinery. Keep out of reach of children.
Natural color variation may occur in this product.
Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
Made and quality tested in the USA with globally sourced ingredients.
- Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nut or sesame ingredients.
- Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Got a Question?
Ratings & ReviewsDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only. The information or opinions expressed therein are solely those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent those of Swanson Health Products and its employees.
Reviews containing references to a state of disease (e.g., pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.) cannot be published. We value your input and look forward to hearing about your personal product experiences. Be sure to explain why you like or dislike the product and focus on the product's features. To meet our publishing standards, please refrain from including the following in your review:
- Language referencing a state of disease (including but not limited to references to pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.)
- Obscene or discriminatory language
- Critical or inappropriate comments about other reviews and shoppers
- Advertising, spam, references to other websites or retailers
- Personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses