- Promotes optimal digestive efficiency
- Features three nutritional factors that perform complementary functions
- May support digestive capacity of the stomach
Optimize digestive efficiency with Doctor's Best Betaine HCl Pepsin & Gentian Bitters. The trio of three nutritional factors perform complementary functions designed to support the efficiency of the digestive process. Supplementing with Betaine HCl may support the stomach's digestive capacity. Pepsin is an enzyme produced by the body to digest protein-containing foods in the stomach. Pepsin works in conjunction with stomach acid to support protein digestion. Gentian is an herb used to optimize the digestive capacity. Its bitter nature may help to stimulate the body's production of digestive enzymes.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Betaine HCl650 mg † Pepsin250,000 FCC Pepsin Units † Gentian (Gentiana lutea) root20 mg †
† Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule), silicon dioxide, stearic acid, magnesium silicate.
Suggested Adult Use: Take 1 capsule with food, three times daily, or as recommended by a nutritionally-informed physician.
WARNING: Consult with your physician before taking this product if you are pregnant, nursing, have a history of peptic ulcer or high blood pressure. Avoid taking this product if you have been diagnosed with kidney problems.
Store in a cool dry place.
- Gluten Free
Got a Question?
Ratings & ReviewsDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only. The information or opinions expressed therein are solely those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent those of Swanson Health Products and its employees.
Reviews containing references to a state of disease (e.g., pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.) cannot be published. We value your input and look forward to hearing about your personal product experiences. Be sure to explain why you like or dislike the product and focus on the product's features. To meet our publishing standards, please refrain from including the following in your review:
- Language referencing a state of disease (including but not limited to references to pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.)
- Obscene or discriminatory language
- Critical or inappropriate comments about other reviews and shoppers
- Advertising, spam, references to other websites or retailers
- Personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses