- Perfect for gluten-free pilafs or grain bowls
- Mild, sweet flavor
Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Sorghum is a gluten-free grain with a hearty texture and mild, nutty flavor. Sorghum originated in Africa thousands of years ago, and spread through the Middle East and Asia. Today, it remains a staple food in India and Africa. Perfect for pilafs or grain bowls.
About 15 servings per container
¼ cup (45 g)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0.5 g 1% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 0 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 36 g 13% Dietary Fiber 8 g 29% Total Sugars 0 g Includes 0 g Added Sugars 0% Protein 4 g Vitamin D 0 mcg 0% Calcium 6 mg 0% Iron 2 mg 10% Potassium 165 mg 4%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
INGREDIENT: Whole Grain Sorghum.
BASIC COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Stovetop: Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a pot with 1 tsp salt. Add 1 cup rinsed sorghum, return to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-high and boil uncovered until soft, about 50-60 minutes. Drain off cooking water, then serve.
Slow Cooker: Place 1 cup rinsed sorghum, 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Cooking on low is not recommended. Drain excess water and serve.
Multi-Cooker: Place 1 cup rinsed sorghum, 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt in the pot of multi-cooker. Set the valve to sealing. On manual setting and high pressure, set for 30 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Drain excess water and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Tested and confirmed Gluten Free in our quality control laboratory.
- NON GMO Project VERIFIED
- GLUTEN FREE
- KOSHER PAREVE
- Resealable Package
Got a Question?
Ratings & ReviewsDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only. The information or opinions expressed therein are solely those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent those of Swanson Health Products and its employees.
Reviews containing references to a state of disease (e.g., pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.) cannot be published. We value your input and look forward to hearing about your personal product experiences. Be sure to explain why you like or dislike the product and focus on the product's features. To meet our publishing standards, please refrain from including the following in your review:
- Language referencing a state of disease (including but not limited to references to pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.)
- Obscene or discriminatory language
- Critical or inappropriate comments about other reviews and shoppers
- Advertising, spam, references to other websites or retailers
- Personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses