Chop. Sauté. Assemble. Devour.
There are so many delicious flavors in this Vegetarian Taco Salad that you won’t even notice there’s no meat.
The veggie replacement may surprise you, so give it a try!
Combine your favorite taco toppings—fresh avocado, juicy tomato, crisp lettuce—in a tasty taco shell and enjoy.
“This is up next on our ‘Meatless Monday’ menu! My family loves tacos so this will be a hit!” – Grace A.
Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cabbage, diced (approximately half a medium cabbage)
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup onion, diced (approximately half a large onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 15 ounce can red kidney beans
- Cheese, shredded
- Green onions, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Lettuce, chopped
- Olives, chopped
- Avocado, diced
- Taco shells of choice
- Add olive oil to a large skillet on medium high heat. Once warm, add cabbage, carrots, onion and all spices from the salt to the paprika. Cook for 10-15 minutes until cabbage is at desired texture.
- In a separate saucepan, warm the beans (including the liquid) for 3-5 minutes.
- While those are cooking, prepare desired toppings of choice.
- Assemble ingredients in a bowl or desired taco shell. Enjoy!
Recipe used in partnership with Clean Eats, Fast Feets.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 203
- Fat 7 grams [Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2.75 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.25 g]
- Protein 8.5 grams
- Sodium 192 mg
- Carbohydrates 27.8 grams
- Fiber 12.2 grams
|Organic Cayenne Pepper||Dark Red Kidney Beans||Organic Red Pepper|