Cookies! Candy! Carbs! The holidays are a difficult time to keep your healthy eating in check, especially when everything is covered in butter or frosting. But there are some simple tips to help you make it through the holiday season without worrying about the scale.
Check out the tips and recipes, and let us know if you have any to add!
- Don’t deprive yourself. If you’re watching calories, prioritize the food you’re going to indulge in, and enjoy it.
- Drink plenty of water or look for hydrating foods.
- Go for a walk after a big meal instead of taking a nap.
- Help with cooking or cleaning to burn extra calories. Or switch things up with one of these fun ways to stay active.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Skipping meals often leads to overeating later in the day.
- Make healthy substitutions in recipes. Try these healthy food replacement hacks or check out how to replace sugar with healthier alternatives.
- Use a smaller plate and take smaller portions.
Our Favorite Holiday Appetizer & Main Dish Recipes
Our Favorite Holiday Dessert Recipes
Our Favorite Holiday Drink Recipes