Get the “comfort food” feeling of mashed potatoes without all the carbs!
Italian Herb Mashed Cauliflower is sure to be your next (secretly healthy) favorite recipe.
The flavors of the spices make it taste great, and the texture of the blended, cooked cauliflower is so similar to mashed potatoes, your family won’t notice the difference!
With only 59 calories and 4 carbs per serving, it makes the perfect side dish.
“Mashed cauliflower is the best! I love customizing the flavors with different spices, chopped veggies and cheese.” – Brad K.
Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Trim the stem from the cauliflower and cut into small florets.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add cauliflower. Simmer until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Strain.
- Add cauliflower to blender or food processor and blend until well-chopped and somewhat creamy.
- Remove from blender and add to a large bowl. Add olive oil and Greek yogurt and stir until combined.
- Add spices and mix until well combined. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 59
- Fat 3.7 grams [Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g]
- Protein 2.8 grams
- Sodium 167 mgs
- Carbohydrates 4.2 grams
- Fiber 1.5 grams
|Organic Olive Oil||Organic Black Pepper||Organic Rosemary|