Who Doesn't Love Cookie Dough?
Who says cookie dough can’t be healthy? When a cookie dough craving hits, there’s no waiting until dessert to enjoy these bars. Not only are they healthy, they’re also deliciously decadent, perfectly sweet, soft and chewy!
Finally, cookie dough that’s made with healthy, whole ingredients so you can feel even better about each bite you take. And the best part is these bars require no baking, so they’re easy to make with just a few simple ingredients!
- Almond Flour: the key ingredient, which is grain-free and made from ground, blanched almonds. Almond flour is absorbent and leaves a perfect "dough" texture for these bars.
- Sunflower Seed Butter: it adds a mild flavor and offers the perfect consistency. It’s also a great source of protein and healthy fats.
- Pure Maple Syrup: one of my favorite and pure sources of sugar to use as it's not refined.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cool Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 16 bars
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving):
- Calories 148
- Fat 10 grams
- Carbs 10 grams
- Fiber 2 grams
- Protein 4 grams
- Sugar 7 grams (0g added sugar)
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips into a bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips, then pour and press dough into an even layer in the lined baking pan.
- Cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the bars to firm up. Then, cut into 16 bars and enjoy!
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Ashley Sornsin is a Nutrition Coach and the owner of BUFF protein bites. She believes food is medicine and has a passion for helping people discover that eating healthy can also taste amazing!
Connect with Ashley online: www.eatlivebebuff.com or on Social Media @ashleysornsin