Vegan pumpkin bread--delicious and easy!
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flax seed meal and water.
- Mix in sugar, pumpkin and applesauce.
- In a large bowl, stir together pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. (Pay attention to your bread because mine was done in about 40 minutes and if I hadn’t checked on it I would have had burnt bread that was rock solid.)
Serving Size: approx. 12