Talk about a beautiful dish—this Turmeric Roasted Chickpea Carrot Salad is one of a kind!
Made from fresh vegetables and delicious flavors, it’s one of those dishes that will surprise you and impress your guests.
The Apple Cider Tahini Dressing is the perfectly unique combination of flavors.
Who would have guessed that roasted carrots and tahini dressing would be the perfect pair?
“I love serving this dish with grilled chicken or salmon. It’s so colorful and full of flavor!” – Jenny B.
Time: 35 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 6-7 large Rainbow carrots
- 15 ounce can drained chickpeas
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crushed red pepper, to taste (optional)
- Fresh parsley
Apple Cider Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini or almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Dash of black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons warm almond milk (or coconut milk)
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder, optional
- ¼ teaspoon cumin, optional
- Preheat oven to 425F. Rinse and slice carrots then drain chickpeas.
- Place in large bowl together. Add the rest of your oil, spices and balsamic vinegar.
- Toss everything to combine and lay flat on greased baking sheets.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning half way.
- Remove and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and crushed pepper.
- While carrots are cooking, make the dressing by blending all ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Adjust sweetness or creaminess to your liking. You can thin it out with more vinegar or oil, or make a more creamy thick texture by adding more tahini.
- Place carrots and chickpeas in a large serving bowl.
- Add your preferred amount of dressing on top.
- Toss everything together and garnish with parsley.
Recipe used in partnership with Cotter Crunch.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 324
- Fat 18.7 grams [Saturated Fat 2.2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 8.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g]
- Protein 8.3 grams
- Sodium 204.5 mg
- Carbohydrates 29.6 grams
- Fiber 7.5 grams
- Sugar 8.7 grams
|Organic Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas)||Organic Apple Cider Vinegar||Organic Ground Mustard|