Cold weather means chili in the slow cooker!
This chicken chili is made with no beans but still has tons of flavor.
It’s hearty, spicy and best of all—easy! Just prep the ingredients and toss everything in the slow cooker for a few hours.
A bowl of hot chili with refreshing toppings like avocado and cilantro might be just what you need on a cold winter night!
“A bowl of this chili is perfect for dinner. And I love that I can freeze leftovers!” –Debbie C.
Time: 5 hours
Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1-2 serrano peppers, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 29 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 14.5 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 3 large carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 6 celery stalks, finely sliced
- 32 oz. low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Prep ingredients ahead of time (wash, dice, slice, etc.).
- If your slow cooker has a detachable cast-aluminum insert, remove the insert and place it on the stove on medium-high heat. If not, use a large skillet instead.
- Once insert/skillet is hot, add coconut oil and allow it to melt. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant and slightly browned; about 3 minutes. Add onions and serrano peppers and cook until translucent; about five minutes. Add spices (chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes and sea salt) and cook for another minute or two. Add ground chicken and cook until no pink is left; about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Transfer cast-aluminum insert back to slow cooker (or transfer cooked ingredients from pan to slow cooker), add remaining ingredients, cover and cook on low for eight hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve hot along with your favorite chili toppings like avocado and cilantro.
Recipe used in partnership with Amazing Paleo.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 125
- Fat 3.6 grams [Saturated Fat 1.8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g]
- Protein 7.1 grams
- Sodium 350 mg
- Carbohydrates 17.7 grams
- Fiber 5.4 grams
- Sugar 5.7 grams
|Organic Ground Cumin||Organic Vegetable Broth||Organic Ground Oregano|