Beautiful colors, delightful flavors and a nutritious boost… this side dish recipe is definitely one to keep around! It's the perfect way to brighten up a plate of chicken, grilled salmon or just about any meal. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare, and the results are impressive. Customize it with your favorite spices, or add jalapeno for an interesting kick!
"The flavors of this dish are so unique. I love using fresh veggies from our garden!" — Carol B.
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, garlic herb flavor
- 5 zucchinis, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, or more, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat flavored coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchinis, corn kernels, onion, basil leaves, oregano flakes, garlic powder, dried cilantro and thyme leaves. Cook until the zucchini is tender and cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure to stir often.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lime juice.
- Add parmesan to taste, and serve warm.
Adapted from Damn Delicious.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 162
- Fat 8.9 grams [Saturated Fat 1.7 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5.7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g]
- Protein 5.3 grams
- Sodium 216 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 18 grams
- Fiber 3.6 grams
|Organic Oregano Flakes||Black Pepper||Organic Cilantro|