There’s nothing quite as comforting as a bowl of warm, delicious soup, especially when it’s made from scratch in your kitchen.
And it’s easy, too! Just roast the veggies, combine the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
The smell, texture and flavors of this soup are sure to impress your family and leave them begging for more!
“This is one of my favorite recipes for Meatless Mondays!” – Bridget K.
Time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium (about 1 1/2 pounds) butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shallot, diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 5-6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the carrots and butternut squash on a baking pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large soup pot. Sautée shallot, ginger and turmeric until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer while the vegetables roast.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the soup pot and puree with a hand immersion blender or ladle into a blender and puree on high in batches. Return to the soup pot and heat through until ready to serve.
- Optional: Garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, roasted chickpeas and cilantro.
Recipe used in partnership with fit living eats.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 175
- Fat 7.2 grams [Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g]
- Protein 2.5 grams
- Sodium 290 mg
- Carbohydrates 27 grams
- Fiber 5.8 grams
- Sugar 12.3 grams
|Pink Crystal Salt||Organic Ground Ginger||Organic Black Pepper|