Having a healthy snack on hand is one of life’s little pleasures, right? This hummus will do just the trick!
Made with edamame instead of traditional garbanzo beans, it delivers a whopping 7 grams of protein and 5.5 grams of fiber per serving!
Pair this delicious dip with pita chips or veggie slices, or add it to your favorite sandwich or wrap for extra nutrition!
It’s easy to make and great to keep in the fridge for a quick snack.
“You will not be disappointed by this hummus! I love it with sliced cucumber." – Meghan E.
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 cup
- 2 cups shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 lemons, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse on HIGH until well-mixed and creamy, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
- Serve with veggies or homemade pita chips.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Recipe used in partnership with Fit Living Eats.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 140
- Fat 9.3 grams [Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0.3 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3.3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g]
- Protein 7 grams
- Sodium 204 mg
- Carbohydrates 8.3 grams
- Fiber 5.5 grams
- Sugar 0.7 grams
|Olive Oil||Himalayan Crystal Salt||Nutritional Yeast|