Monterey Beer Bread is never a bad idea. And with this perfect combination of cheese, beer, onion and garlic, you'll be quick to agree with us. The best part? You don't have to sit around waiting for this bread to rise; just sauté a bit, mix and bake. This bread is savory and hearty with a crumbly deliciousness. It's sure to be a hit with your friends and family! In fact, you should probably just make two loaves just in case.
Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 slice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed, divided
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups white all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces non-alcoholic beer
- 1 spritz olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the chopped yellow onion to pan and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Mix in black pepper and garlic powder and cook for one more minute.
- Combine white all-purpose flour, turbinado sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, and stir. Once it's mixed up, make a well in the center of the mixture and add sautéed onion mixture, monterey jack cheese and non-alcoholic beer. Stir together until moist.
- Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over batter. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over batter. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan five minutes on a wire rack. Carefully remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 156
- Fat 5.6 grams [Saturated Fat 1.6 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 5 grams
- Sodium 189 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 22.5 grams
- Fiber 0.8 grams
|Organic Olive Oil||Himalayan Crystal Salt||Baking Powder|