Gluten Free Banana Bread Waffles! These hearty, fill-you-up-fast waffles incorporate some of our favorite ingredients—brown rice flour, cinnamon, almond milk, vanilla and of course bananas.
They do take a bit longer to cook to perfection than traditional Belgian waffles or buttermilk pancakes, but they're worth the wait! We topped ours with some chopped up walnuts and a few fresh banana slices (admittedly, a few of us also soaked them in syrup).
Bottom line: Gluten Free Banana Bread Waffles make for a delicious and relaxing Sunday brunch with family!
Time: 40 minutes
Serving size: 1 waffle
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
1. Turn on waffle iron. Using a mixer or whisk, beat 2 egg whites until stiff.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the brown rice flour, sweet rice flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Add in egg yolk, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas, then fold in egg whites until gently combined.
4. Pour batter directly onto the preheated waffle iron. Cook until brown and the middle of the waffle firms up. Time will vary depending on your waffle iron.
5. Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 182.3
- Fat 2.3 grams [Saturated Fat 0.3 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g]
- Protein 4.6 grams
- Sodium 183.7 mgs
- Carbohydrates 36.9 grams
- Fiber 2.9 grams