Gluten-Free Chicken Meatballs w/Flaxseed Overview:
Meatballs are a family staple. We make our meatballs healthier by eliminating wheat (gluten) and by baking them. In addition, we are sure to use include some fresh greens in our mixture. Watch my cooking demo below, to find out exactly how I make my gluten-free chicken flaxseed meatballs.
Gluten-Free Chicken Meatballs w/Flaxseed Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground chicken (combo of breast and thigh works great)
- 1/2 cup of milled flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
Gluten-Free Chicken Meatballs w/Flaxseed Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put chicken in large stainless steel or glass bowl
- Mix in 1/2 cup milled flaxseeds to act as a binder
- Add 1/4 cup of thinly sliced spinach and 1/4 cup of thinly sliced basil
- Add spices and mix mixture thoroughly
- Create small/medium sized meatballs and place in glass or stainless steel baking pan
- Put 1/4 cup water in bottom of container
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn Meatballs. Bake for another 15 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 20-30 small chicken flaxseed meatballs