Candied almonds from the store are often made with unneeded additives and artificial ingredients.
It’s time to learn how to make your own!
The ingredients are simple: almonds, vanilla extract, cinnamon, water and cane sugar.
Enjoy this crunchy, sweet, homemade treat today!
“These are so delicious! They make a great hostess gift for parties, too!” –Jane D.
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1/3 cup
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons water
1 cup + 1/3 cup sugar, separated
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 oz raw almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a dutch oven, bring water and 1 cup sugar to a boil over medium heat.
- Add almonds and stir continuously.
- Once the water has dissolved and the sugar starts to stick to the almonds (roughly 5-8 minutes), add vanilla extract and remaining sugar.
- Stir for another 1-3 minutes until sugar is to your desired clumpiness or smoothness.
- Pour onto a silicone baking mat and allow to cool completely.
Recipe used in partnership with A Traveling Wife.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 260
- Fat 15 grams [Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 3.4 g]
- Protein 6 grams
- Sodium 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 27 grams
- Fiber 4 grams
- Sugar 22.3 grams
|Organic Ground Cinnamon||Organic Pure Cane Sugar||Vanilla Extract|