Fire up the grill and fire up your appetite—it’s Fourth of July weekend!
Nothing says summer like grilling, and we’ve got the perfect marinade recipe. It’s great for just about all meats and poultry and is quick to throw together.
Many store-bought marinades have unwanted added sodium and preservatives. This homemade option features ingredients like apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and jalapeno pepper sauce.
Customize it to your family’s liking. Grab your tongs and fire up the grill for an awesome summertime dinner!
“We’ve tried this recipe with chicken and steak, and it was fantastic for both!” –Alexa P.
Time: 4 hours + 15 minutes
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all marinade ingredients in blender and blend well.
- Allow marinade to sit for at least 1 hour for flavors to meld before using.
- Reserve 1 cup of marinade for basting.
- Marinate meat or poultry for at least 3 hours before cooking.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Nutrition facts calculated with 5 oz. chicken breast per serving.
- Calories 270
- Fat 8.8 grams [Saturated Fat 1.9 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4.6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.4 g]
- Protein 44 grams
- Sodium 244 mg
- Carbohydrates 0.2 grams
- Fiber 0 grams
- Sugar 0.1 grams
|Apple Cider Vinegar||Olive Oil||Garlic Powder|