Not sure what our nutrition labels mean? Here's a guide to a typical nutrition facts label. Some information is subject to change based on the type of product.
Please note: Due to Nutrition Facts label changes from the FDA, the labels will appear different from what you may be used to seeing. This change will be implemented on all Nutrition Facts labels by 2018. These changes include larger/bolder font, added sugar amount and updated daily values and nutrient amounts.
1. This indicates how many servings are in the container.
2. The serving size indicates the recommended amount per serving.
3.The calories show the total number of calories in one serving.
4. The daily values are the per-serving percentages of the recommended daily intake established by the FDA as the amount the average American needs to maintain good health. Daily values have been established for the majority of vitamins and minerals. Nutrients with no percentage or an asterisk in this column do not have an established daily value.
5. This section indicates the amount of total fat, sodium, carbohydrates, fiber and protein found in each serving.
6. This list indicates the amount of specific nutrients contained in each serving.
7. The Daily Value (DV) percentages found on the bottom of the nutrition label never change from product to product. It shows recommended dietary advice for all Americans.
8. The ingredients list indicates all ingredients necessary to complete the delivery system, and to ensure product freshness and stability.
9. The manufacture, expiration or best by date printed on the label represents the date the product was produced in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations or date by which it is recommended you use the product before it starts losing its quality.*
10. All Swanson items are issued an item number, usually located on the bottom of the container or on the back of the label.*
*Not shown on label image above.
You're now signed up to receive exclusive deals and savings opportunities!
Thank you for your interest and be assured that you will continue to receive our emails at this address.
We are having trouble processing your request. Our apologies! Please try again later.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
For our website and catalog, the MSRP is the "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price." The MSRP is understood to mean the price at which a manufacturer will recommend a retailer sell a product for in stores, on the internet, or in catalogs. The MSRP of National brand items are dictated to Swanson by each manufacturer. For Swanson brand items, the MSRP is calculated based on a varying percentage above the product's base price.