Warm summer nights might be slipping away, but that doesn’t mean we have to let go of the delicious flavors of the season.
This salad features fresh fruits and veggies that are covered in a tangy, sweet vinaigrette.
Add the flavorful crunch of roasted pecans, and you’ve got yourself an impressive summer dish.
"This is a great way to use fresh spinach we get at the farmers’ market. Love the strawberry vinaigrette, too!" – Nikki R.
Time: 1 hour + 15 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
½ cup sliced strawberries
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 ½ teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground cracked pepper
1 ½ teaspoons poppy seeds
5 cups baby spinach
1 orange, peeled and sliced
1 cup diced strawberries
1 cup blackberries
¼ cup roasted pecans
1. Add all vinaigrette ingredients (except poppy seeds) to a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
2. Transfer vinaigrette to Mason jar, add poppy seeds, close jar with lid and shake it well so ingredients combine.
3. Refrigerate for 1+ hours.
1. Place spinach, orange slices, strawberries, blackberries and pecans in a large salad bowl.
2. Add salad dressing (to taste) and toss to coat.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe used in partnership with Amazing Paleo.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 183
- Fat 10.9 grams [Saturated Fat 1.3 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 3.1 grams
- Sodium 101 mg
- Carbohydrates 20 grams
- Fiber 5.6 grams
|Organic Balsamic Vinegar||Organic Black Pepper||Organic Pecans|