Monterey Beer Bread is never a bad idea. And with this perfect combination of cheese, beer, onion and garlic, you'll be quick to agree with us! The best part? You don't have to sit around waiting for this bread to rise; just sauté a bit, mix and bake. This bread is savory and hearty with a crumbly deliciousness. It's sure to be a hit with your friends and family! In fact, you should probably just make two loaves just in case.
Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 slice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed, divided
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups white all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces non-alcoholic beer
- 1 Spray olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat. Add chopped onion to pan and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Mix in pepper and garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, and stir. Once that’s mixed up, make a well in the center of the mixture and add sautéed onion mixture, cheese and beer into the well. Stir together until moist.
- Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over batter. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over batter. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack. Carefully remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 156
- Fat 5.6 grams [Saturated Fat 1.6 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 5 grams
- Sodium 189 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 22.5 grams
- Fiber 0.8 grams
|Organic Olive Oil||Himalayan Crystal Salt||Baking Powder|