Veggie Pizza with Bok Choy, Carrots and Green Beans
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought...check your local bakery!)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped into one inch pieces
- 3/4 of a bunch of bok choy, stems chopped into half an inch pieces and leaves cut into ribbons.
- 1 hungarian hot pepper (or other hot pepper of your choice)
- Splash of Balsamic Vinegar (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup additional cheese(s) of your choice (I used Asiago and Parmesan)
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Roll out defrosted pizza dough on a floured surface (very important). I also put flour on the rolling pin to prevent stick-age.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat until warm.
- Then add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or less stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add diced carrot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped green beans and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy stems and hungarian pepper and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy leaves and balsamic vinegar and cook until done, maybe another four to six minutes. The bok choy stems will be translucent, the leaves will have cooked down and the carrots and beans should be soft with a hint of crispness still. This is your pizza sauce.
- Top pizza dough with “sauce.” Spread cheeses evenly over the top and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake according to pizza dough directions. I cooked mine for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees.