Sick of the same old salad? Swap the spinach for napa cabbage and try this zesty dish! Asian Chicken Salad features a homemade dressing filled with traditional Asian flavors. Shredded chicken adds an impressive amount of protein, and cabbage delivers antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber. Best of all, this salad is delicious! Switch things up for your next meal and try Asian Chicken Salad. You won’t be disappointed.
“This salad has just the right combination of sweet and zesty that I like!” — Rachel R.
Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 head large cabbage, chopped into very thin strips
- 2 tbsp Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Sesame Seeds
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Napa Valley Naturals Organic White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Swanson Organic 100% Certified Organic Ginger (Ground)
- 3 tbsp Swanson Organic Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sesame oil
- 1 tsp Arizona Pepper Products Organic Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Swanson Ultra Reduced Sodium Himalayan Crystal Salt Blend
- 5 whole chopped green onions, green and white parts
To make the dressing, combine these ingredients in a small bowl or jar with a lid: soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, olive oil, hoisin sauce, hot pepper sesame oil, pepper sauce, salt and chopped green onions. Secure the lid and shake vigorously.
In a large bowl, combine chopped cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, sesame seeds and shredded chicken. Drizzle with prepared dressing, to taste. Toss until well incorporated, adjusting amount of dressing as needed.
Adapted from Linda Wagner.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 248
- Fat 9 gram [Saturated Fat 1.2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g]
- Protein 25.9 grams
- Sodium 351.6 mgs
- Carbohydrates 14.9 grams
- Fiber 4.3 grams