These light and airy treats can easily be modified to produce a variety of flavors.
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1- 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups ground almonds (8 oz.)
- Heat oven to 225°F. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until foamy. Beating constantly, add sugar, 2 Tbs at a time, until whites are glossy and stand in stiff peaks.
- Fold in almonds. Drop meringue by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake in 225°F oven until firm, about 1 hour. Turn off oven. Let dry in oven, with door closed, until cool and crisp, at least 1 hour.
Calories from Fat 16 (48%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.