Asparagus spears and crab meat bring both earthiness and a taste of the sea to this classic dish.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 oz jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed and peeled
- 2 cups water to boil asparagus
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp salt for boiling water
- 4 cherry tomatoes for garnish
Lemon Chive Sauce1 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 5 Tbs whipped cream cheese
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh chives
- In medium saucepan, bring water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil. As soon as the water comes to a boil, add asparagus and boil until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside until needed.
- Lay chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness. On a medium plate mix flour with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; dredge chicken to coat, patting off any excess.
- In medium, non-stick frypan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon butter and oil. Saute chicken breasts on both sides until browned and firm, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken; keep warm until ready to serve. Add onion to skillet and saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to high, add tomato and saute until most of the moisture has evaporated. Lower heat to low and add crab meat; toss gently, just until hot.
- To serve, set one chicken breast on each plate; arrange 5 asparagus spears on top of each. Spoon some of crab mixture over asparagus and drizzle with Lemon Chive Sauce (recipe below). Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Lemon Chive Sauce:In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with lemon juice to make sauce. Whisk in cream cheese, milk and chives until smooth.
Calories from Fat 264 (60%)
Total Fat 30g
Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.