Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is a product with a wide range of health benefits... but there are only a select few who can handle drinking it straight. Being an acidic product with no sweeteners, it can be very hard for anyone’s palate to handle, but there are recipes and home-made solutions that people make to help either mask the flavor or to work with the flavor to make a drink that is more appealing to the taste buds. The problem is that no two palates are the same, so which apple cider vinegar recipe concoction will taste the best is difficult to say with any certainty.
Some like to mix it with other acidic juices like orange juice or other flavors that are similarly acidic, while some just drink a shot of the ACV and follow it with something to mask the taste, like bread. It often takes some trial and error to see what works best for your palate, but there are some good drink recipes that tend to be popular with a variety of people that you can try starting with:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ACV in 8 oz glass purified water...stop there or:
- Add 1-2 tsps organic honey
- Add a few drops of liquid stevia
- Add 1-2 tsps of organic maple syrup
- You can also add 1-2 tablespoons of ACV to your favorite juiced veggies/fruits and smoothie recipes