Chewy Gingersnaps Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Eden Foods Organic Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups white Fructose
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup molasses
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill Aluminum Free Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground Organic Ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Organic Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Organic Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 cup Fructose for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or use a baking mat for your cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, applesauce and 1 1/2 cups of fructose until smooth. Mix in the eggs, and then the molasses.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice, heaping the measures if you like a lot of spice.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the molasses mixture just until blended.
- Roll the dough into small balls, and dip the top of each ball into the remaining white sugar. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the tops are cracked. For chewier cookies bake for 10 minutes, for crisper cookies bake for 14 to 15 minutes. This recipe made 50 average sized cookies!