- Full-flavored rice
- Whole-grain goodness
- Sustainably cultivated
Lundberg Family Farms offers Brown Short Grain Gourmet Rice. Short grain brown rice is clingy and tender while being a full-flavored rice and an excellent source of whole grains. After cooking, the grains are soft and cling together, making it great for everyday recipes where a stickier texture is desired. Lundberg Farms produces right that is sustainably cultivated and Non-GMO verified. This has been their passion for over three generations and they pride themselves on going rice that is good for you and good for the environment. Lundberg Family Farms has grown their rice sustainably long before anyone used the word!
about 20 servings per container
1/4 cup (dry) (45 g)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1.5 g 2% Sat. Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholest. 0 mg 0% Sodium 0 mg 0% Total Carbs. 35 g 13% Fiber 3 g 11% Total Sugars 1 g Incl. 0 g Added Sugars 0% Protein 3 g Vit. D 0 mcg 0% Calcium 4 mg 0% Iron 0 mg 0% Potas. 105 mg 2%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
INGREDIENTS: Short Grain Brown Rice.
STOVETOP COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
LIQUID TO RICE COOKING RATIOS
Servings (about ¾ cup cooked rice) 2 • 4-5 • 8-9
Rice (dry) ½ cup • 1 cup • 2 cups
Water or Broth* 1 cup • 1 ¾ cup • 3 ½ cups
Butter or Oil (optional) 1 ½ tsp. • 1 Tbsp. • 2 Tbsp.
This product is raw, it must be cooked in order to enjoy its delicious flavor.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse desired amount of rice under cold water for 1-2 minutes and drain.
- Combine rice, liquid*, and butter or oil in a 2 qt. saucepan (½ cup or 1 cup) or a 4 qt. saucepan (2 cups) and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- With lid on, remove from heat and let steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and enjoy.
TIP: If rice too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
RICE COOKER: To prepare in a rice cooker, use the same liquid* to rice ratio.
INSTANT POT: Visit www.lundberg.com for specific instructions.
Refrigeration recommended for extended shelf life.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization
- We use 100% renewable energy to manufacture our rice.
- 100% WHOLE GRAIN 45 g or more per serving
- CERTIFIED GLUTEN FREE
- NON GMO Project VERIFIED
- A SHORT GRAIN BROWN RICE
- Recyclable through the TerraCycle® program.
Got a Question?
Ratings & ReviewsDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only. The information or opinions expressed therein are solely those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent those of Swanson Health Products and its employees.
Reviews containing references to a state of disease (e.g., pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.) cannot be published. We value your input and look forward to hearing about your personal product experiences. Be sure to explain why you like or dislike the product and focus on the product's features. To meet our publishing standards, please refrain from including the following in your review:
- Language referencing a state of disease (including but not limited to references to pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.)
- Obscene or discriminatory language
- Critical or inappropriate comments about other reviews and shoppers
- Advertising, spam, references to other websites or retailers
- Personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses