- Excellent sources of protein and fiber
- Low calorie food
- Also provides iron and potassium
Bob's Red Mill Premium Quality Large Lima Beans are an excellent source of protein and fiber. These lima beans have a rich buttery flavor and smooth texture. They're perfect for soups, salad or as a lightly seasoned side dish. Lima beans are a great source of protein, dietary fiber and iron.
about 16 servings per container:
1/4 cup (45 g)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0 g 0% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 0 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 29 g 11% Dietary Fiber 10 g 36% Total Sugars 1 g Includes 0 g Added Sugars 0% Protein 9 g Vitamin D 0 mcg 0% Calcium 14 mg 2% Iron 2 mg 10% Potassium 1071 mg 25%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
INGREDIENT: Lima Beans
Beans are natural agricultural products. Despite use of modern agricultural equipment, it is not always possible to remove all foreign material. Sort and rinse before cooking.
BASIC COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Stovetop: Rinse beans before cooking. Place 1 cup beans in a large pot with 4 cups water and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until tender, about 1 hour; drain well.
Slow Cooker: Rinse beans before cooking. Place 1 cup beans, 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours; drain well.
Multi-Cooker: Rinse beans before cooking. Place 1 cup beans, 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt in the pot of a multi-cooker. Set the valve to sealing. On manual setting and high pressure, set to 14 minutes. Natural release the pressure for 20 minutes; drain well.
Note: To reduce cooking time, soak 1 cup beans overnight in 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt. Drain and follow cooking instructions above.
-Makes 4 servings.
Additional recipes listed on package.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- NON GMO Project VERIFIED
- KOSHER PAREVE
- Resealable Packaging
- Also known as Butter Beans
Got a Question?
Ratings & ReviewsDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only. The information or opinions expressed therein are solely those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent those of Swanson Health Products and its employees.
Reviews containing references to a state of disease (e.g., pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.) cannot be published. We value your input and look forward to hearing about your personal product experiences. Be sure to explain why you like or dislike the product and focus on the product's features. To meet our publishing standards, please refrain from including the following in your review:
- Language referencing a state of disease (including but not limited to references to pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.)
- Obscene or discriminatory language
- Critical or inappropriate comments about other reviews and shoppers
- Advertising, spam, references to other websites or retailers
- Personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses