- Great dry cannellini beans for soups, salads and spreads
- Natural source of protein and fiber
- Also provides iron and potassium
Bob's Red Mill Cannellini Beans are a great natural source of protein and fiber. This traditional white Italian bean is also known as a white kidney bean. This variety of bean has a creamy texture with a mellow, nutty flavor. Cannellini beans can be used interchangeably with other white beans and they're excellent for many dishes, especially salads, soups, stews and pureed bean spreads. It is a haricot bean that was originally cultivated in Argentina, but eventually became a staple of Italian cuisine.
about 13 servings per container
1/4 cup (53 g)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0.5 g 1% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 5 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 31 g 11% Dietary Fiber 12 g 43% Total Sugars 1 g Includes 0 g Added Sugars 0% Protein 12 g Vitamin D 0 mcg 0% Calcium 42 mg 4% Iron 3 mg 15% Potassium 906 mg 20%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
INGREDIENT: Cannellini beans.
BASIC COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Stovetop: Rinse beans before cooking. Place 1 cup beans in a large pot with 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until tender, about 90 minutes; drain well.
Slow Cooker: Rinse beans before cooking. Place 1 cup beans, 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours; drain well.
Multi-Cooker: Rinse beans before cooking. Place 1 cup beans, 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt in the pot of a multi-cooker. Set the valve to sealing. On manual setting and high pressure, set for 35 minutes. Natural release the pressure; drain well.
Note: To reduce cooking time, soak 1 cup beans overnight in 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt. Drain and follow cooking instructions above.
-Makes 4 servings.
Beans, peas and lentils are natural agricultural products. Despite use of modern agricultural equipment, it is not always possible to remove all foreign material. Sort and rinse before cooking.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Additional recipes listed on package.
- NON GMO Project VERIFIED
- KOSHER PAREVE
- Resealable Packaging
- Also known as White Kidney Beans
Got a Question?
Ratings & ReviewsDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only. The information or opinions expressed therein are solely those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent those of Swanson Health Products and its employees.
Reviews containing references to a state of disease (e.g., pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.) cannot be published. We value your input and look forward to hearing about your personal product experiences. Be sure to explain why you like or dislike the product and focus on the product's features. To meet our publishing standards, please refrain from including the following in your review:
- Language referencing a state of disease (including but not limited to references to pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.)
- Obscene or discriminatory language
- Critical or inappropriate comments about other reviews and shoppers
- Advertising, spam, references to other websites or retailers
- Personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses