Our teams are working around the clock to support your wellness
Updated Mar 20, 2020
Due to high demand, we're experiencing heightened wait times for deliveries, customer service support from our wellness advocates and product availability on many items. We're working hard to restock the quality products you love, with the honest pricing you've come to trust, and to decrease wait times to speak or chat with our customer support representatives during this challenging time.
Please allow 2 business days of processing time before your order ships during this high-demand period. Thank you for your patience in receiving your order.
Please continue to take care of yourselves and one another,
CEO, Swanson Health Products
Getting Through COVID-19 Together
Updated Mar 13, 2020
The health and wellness of the Swanson community is our top priority. In light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, our team is working diligently to provide you with the wellness support you've come to expect from us over the last 50 years.
- Working closely with suppliers to restock the quality immune health products you trust, like elderberry, natural cleansers and hand sanitizers
- Maintaining our commitment to honest pricing and the best value, high-quality wellness products
- Our knowledgeable wellness advocates in Fargo standing by to answer product questions
- Providing practical information and educational resources on staying healthy from our in-house wellness experts
We'll continue to follow updates and protocol suggestions from the CDC and other credible agencies to ensure the safety and health of our employees and customers. Please reach out with questions or visit us here for the latest information on how we're keeping our community healthy.
Contact us with Questions or Concerns
What is Swanson doing to keep in-store Fargo customers healthy?
Updated Mar 19, 2020
Our community and team comes first, so we've made the hard decision that starting Thursday, March 19th, through April 2nd, we are closing our Fargo retail store for in-store shopping and only offering telephone ordering for curbside pickup.
Please call us at (701) 293-9842 to place an order and pick up your wellness favorites curbside. Given the nature of this service, we're only able to accept credit or debit card payment over the phone during this time.
Additionally, effective March 19th, we will have abbreviated hours of operation. Monday—Saturday we will close early at 6PM, and Sundays, we will be closed.
Other measures our Fargo store has implemented to do our part to keeping Fargo and our employees healthy:
- Increased our offering of alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the store for easy access and use in between hand washes
- Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices, using commercial-grade cleaning solutions—as recommended by the CDC—for additional wipe-downs and cleanings of all hard surfaces, handles and our restroom
- Providing additional sanitization resources to guests and employees including hand sanitizers and extra soap and paper towels in the restroom
- Educating employees on preventative measures provided by the CDC
- As always, employees are instructed to stay home if they are sick
- Strict no touching policy—no hand-shakes or hugging
- Implementing abbreviated business hours, closing at 6 PM Monday through Saturday, and closed on Sundays, to allow time for nightly deep cleaning of the store
We will continue to follow updates and protocol suggested by the CDC and North Dakota's Department of Public health to ensure the safety of our in-store shoppers.
Additional frequently asked questions about COVID-19
Updated Mar 18, 2020
What can you do to keep yourself and those around you healthy?
There are everyday preventative actions recommended by the CDC we can each take every day to help eliminate germs and limit the spread of respiratory disease.
- Stay home if you're feeling sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue; throw used tissues in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Am I at risk for COVID-19 from shipping packages or products?
We are still learning about COVID-19 and how it spreads, but we can use the information gained from studying previous coronaviruses (MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV) to guide us.
While we don't know that this virus will behave the same way as other coronaviruses, in general, because of the poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely a very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days of weeks at ambient temperatures.
Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods. There have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods.
As we learn more about how COVID-19 spreads, information will be provided on the CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) website.
MORE ADVICE FROM OUR WELLNESS EXPERTS