of all Americans
report feeling tired
3-4 days per week1
of adults experience
Americans experience cognitive decline
or memory loss3
Why is Mental Health Important?
You may have seen an uptick of people prioritizing their mental wellness lately, and for good reason. Mental health has become
an integral part of many self-care routines to promote total wellness and remain mindful of emotional wellbeing.
What Do You Need to Get a Good Night’s Sleep?
- Know your sleep support
- Melatonin works with your circadian rhythm
- Magnesium and GABA help stop an active brain at night so you can sleep without a second thought
- Valerian root calms nerves and helps you fall asleep faster
- 5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin and can help you stay asleep longer
- Go to bed on time, every time
- Make sure your bedroom is dark, cool and free of electronics
What Do You Need to Stress Less?
- Know your stress busters
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that helps regulate your stress response
- Vitamin B replenishes nutrients lost during stressful times
- SAMe supports a healthy mood and neurotransmitter production
- Try breathing exercises that help you slow down
- Go for a walk to boost endorphins and relieve feelings of anxiousness
- Recenter yourself with yoga and meditation
What Do You Need to Support Brain Health?
- Know your better brain health helpers
- Ginkgo biloba and lion’s mane support memory
- Acetyl L-carnitine promotes mental energy and focus
- Alpinia galanga supports alertness and is stimulant free
- Keep your mind active with puzzles, word games and reading
- Get some exercise to promote problem-solving skills
- Eat healthy foods like fish, berries and leafy greens to promote brainpower
SOURCE: 1 https://www.sleepfoundation.org/how-sleep-works/sleep-facts-statistics | 2 https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Mental-Health-Conditions/Anxiety-Disorders | 3 https://www.cdc.gov/aging/data/subjective-cognitive-decline-brief.html