- Vitamin D – Great for supporting bone and immune health, vitamin D is needed to support many other areas of good health. The body makes vitamin D when skin is exposed to sunlight, but many people aren’t getting enough sun or D-fortified milk to meet the body’s needs. Whole Living recommends 2,000 IU of Vitamin D3 supplements a day.
- Calcium – Essential for strong bones, you can get calcium from your diet. Calcium is found in dairy products and greens. Along with bone health, calcium can help improve mood and PMS. Calcium supplements are best absorbed by the body in a divided dose — 500 mg twice a day. Calcium citrate is the form that most efficiently delivers the mineral.
- Magnesium – The mineral to support mood health is magnesium. Foods rich in magnesium, like greens and legumes, help regulate neurotransmitters, which may improve mental health. The RDA for magnesium is 350 mg.
- Vitamin B – Looking to feel energized naturally? Try the vitamin B complex. These vitamins, found naturally in spinach, meat and dairy, support energy, the immune system and mood health. Just make sure to take Bs in the morning because the spiked energy from the B complex may interrupt sleep.
- Omega-3s – Support heart health with omega-3 essential fatty acids. Research studies have shown omega-3s help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Omega3 supplements benefit more than just the heart. They support brain, joint and skin health and more.
New from Swanson: Zinc & C Lozenges for Immune Support
Read more >