Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 package Simply Organic Simply Sweet Basil Pesto Mix
- 1/4 cup EVOO, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 box Eden Foods Kamut Spirals, uncooked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pesto mix according to directions on the package in a small saucepan. In other pan, boil water for your kamut spirals and also cook according to the directions. Keep in mind, you can use any type of noodle for this recipe. Here are some more great natural health options for healthy paste.
- While your pesto and spirals are cooking, clean and dice your tomatoes. We recently roasted two small chickens to use for upcoming meals and freeze, so this is the chicken we used. You can also use canned chicken, turkey, or make this dish vegetarian.
- After your noodles and sauce are ready, strain noodles. In this same pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil, your chicken and tomatoes. Heat them all so they are warmed through.
- Pour 1 cup of noodles on your serving plates, add chicken and tomatoes, as much as you desire, and pour 2 tablespoons of the pesto over the top. Drizzle with parmesan and serve.