Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup plain natural yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup Y.S. Organic Clover Honey (or Agave Nectar)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar or sucanat
Beat these ingredients together until smooth. At this time preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- 2 cups light whole wheat flour (or light whole spelt flour)
- 1/4 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Crystal Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
Sift these ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients, then pour in wet mixture and mix well with a firm or wooden spoon until just combined.
Next, fold in:
- 4 oz chopped semi-sweet or dark chocolate (or 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips)
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup Organic Walnuts, (or your favorite organic raw nuts) chopped (optional)
Oil outside of your bundt pan and dust with flour lightly to avoid sticking. Bake for about 50 minutes. Test for doneness after about 40 minutes. It will be ready if when touched it springs back, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Allow the pan to fully cool before flipping over on baking rack to avoid sticking.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cream
Directions: In a large bowl, beat sugar and cream cheese at medium speed until well blended. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Add cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Drizzle warm cake with glaze. I understand this may make the chocolate zucchini cake un-healthy, but for the love of sweets, I caved in.
In celebration of a co-worker being the big C-FREE, we relished on this yummy chocolate cake.