Summer is bliss. It also means busy weekends, weddings and endless activities. As banana lovers in our house we always purchase them in large quantities being that we love them. But, summer is here and we just can't get them eaten fast enough.
Try this yummy recipe! Did you know that bananas consist mainly of sugars (glucose, fructose and sucrose) and fiber, which makes them one of the best natural health sources of immediate energy in these busy summer months. Enjoy!
Total time to make two loaves: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter or margarine (I hope to try just applesauce next time!)
- 2 cups Swanson Health Products 100% Pure Fructose
- 4 eggs, farm fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalyan Crystal Salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 6 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 1 cup Organic Walnuts, chopped
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in bananas and chopped pecans.
- Pour banana nut bread batter into 2 well-oiled and floured bread tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
Not gonna lie, we ate half of one loaf in about twenty minutes. Luckily I wrapped up the second loaf as a gift to our neighbors, otherwise that would have been gone as well!
What else is bountiful in our garden this year? You guessed it, zucchini! Another bread recipe coming up this week!