These pancakes are so delicious, simple, and they're a healthy superfood-filled breakfast. I do not know what I would do if I didn't have an awesome pancake recipe to fall back on when I have no creative juices and I haven’t even thrown a splash of coffee down the ol' hatch. I knew I wanted to make a vegan pancake recipe, but I also wanted to incorporate my favorite superfood—chia seeds—into the recipe as well.
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic rice milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, chia seeds, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the rice milk, vanilla extract, honey and apple cider vinegar and stir until just combined.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Preheat and lightly grease a griddle or skillet on medium-low heat. Using a measuring cup, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet to form each pancake.
- When the pancakes begins to bubble and the edges start to look dry, flip them over and cook the other side. Remove the pancakes from the skillet and serve warm. Top as desired.
Serving Size: Makes about 10 four-inch pancakes, enough for 3 hungry people