Flaky crust, fragrant spices, creamy texture...sounds like a traditional pumpkin pie, right? Wrong!
This Vanilla Coconut Pumpkin Pie takes everything you love about pumpkin pie and combines it with much healthier ingredients. Almond milk and flavor free coconut oil lighten up the recipe, and a healthy amount of organic vanilla extract brings out the true pumpkin taste.
Serve Vanilla Coconut Pumpkin Pie warm or chilled with any toppings of your choice. The family meal isn’t complete until you bring out the homemade pumpkin pie!
Time: 1 hour + 30 minutes
Serving size: 1 piece
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup zero calorie sweetener
- 1/2 cup flavor free coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup flavor free coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
1. Preheat oven to 200° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. Add oil and stir. Add water one tablespoon at a time as needed, until it sticks together but is not gummy. (We used 3 tablespoons.)
4. Press evenly into a 10-inch pie pan. Put the crust in the oven and immediately increase the temperature to 350° F. Bake 15 minutes. If the crust rises during baking, press back down before cooling.
Let cool completely.
1. Preheat oven to 355° F.
2. In a stand mixer or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth and incorporated.
3. Pour pie filling into your pie crust and bake 45–60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Serve cold, room temperature or warm depending on your preferences. Top with Greek yogurt or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 334
- Fat 17.6 grams [Saturated Fat 13.7 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 5.19 grams
- Sodium 211 mgs
- Carbohydrates 39.5 grams
- Fiber 3.3 grams