Sweet potato fries are great, but Sweet Potato Fritters are fantastic!
These fun fritters allow you to add ingredients to your favorite side dish and completely customize the flavors. Stick to the recipe with scallions and salt, or try cinnamon and sugar to mix things up. Each bite is crispy and delicious.
Sweet potatoes are full of nutrients like vitamins A and C, and these fritters are under 300 calories per serving.
“Crispy and nutritious—a double win for my family! My kids love to help make these, and they LOVE eating them!” — Ashley A.
Time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 2 fritters
- 2 cups shredded sweet potato
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch/flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup flavor free coconut oil
1. Peel and shred sweet potato using a cheese grater. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the sweet potato and chopped scallions to the egg and mix to combine.
3. In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot, salt, black pepper and onion powder.
4. Add dry ingredients to the large bowl and combine.
5. In a frying pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
6. Using your hands, form about 2-3 tbsp of the fritter mixture into balls then flatten gently.
7. Drop fritters into hot oil and fry for about 3–4 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp.
Adapted from Planks, Love & Guacamole.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 289
- Fat 15 grams [Saturated Fat 10.8 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g]
- Protein 7.4 grams
- Sodium 356 mg
- Carbohydrates 16.5 grams
- Fiber 5.2 grams
|Coconut Flour||Himalayan Crystal Salt||Black Pepper|