Spring is here! Celebrate warmer weather with a refreshing, flavorful salad.
This dish combines some of the most nutrient-packed ingredients: kale, hemp seeds, blueberries and more.
The sweet and tangy blueberry vinaigrette drizzled on top makes it even more delicious!
Customize your salad by adding your favorite ingredients. Try pecans, spinach or strawberries!
“This salad makes a great lunch during the work week! I like to add chicken for added protein, too.” – Casey J.
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 bunch curly kale, rinsed (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 lemon
- Remove the stems from the kale and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon onto the kale and massage with your hands to break down the fibers and make it more tender.
- To make the vinaigrette, add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on HIGH until smooth.
- Spread the kale onto a serving platter or plate. Top with sliced radishes, blueberries and avocado. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and drizzle the dressing on top.
Pro tip: To make ahead, add all of the salad ingredients (minus the dressing) to a large Ziploc bag (or two) and shake to combine. When ready to eat, transfer the salad to a plate and drizzle with the dressing.
Recipe used in partnership with Fit Living Eats.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 147
- Fat 6.9 grams [Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 4.6 g]
- Protein 4.3 grams
- Sodium 73 mg
- Carbohydrates 17 grams
- Fiber 4.6 grams
- Sugar 7.8 grams
|Hemp Seed||Apple Cider Vinegar||Wildflower Honey|