Plug in the slow cooker: It’s time for soup!
Chickpeas, quinoa and fresh veggies combine to make this delicious dish. This slow cooker masterpiece is bound to keep your family happy and full. It’s packed with protein and fiber, and has just over 300 calories per serving. Customize it with your favorite vegetables and spices, or follow it to recipe and enjoy!
"I love the convenience of throwing this soup in the slow cooker!" – Chad P.
Time: 20 minutes + 6 hours
Serving size: 1 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 5 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- In a medium saucepan, sauté carrots, celery, onion and garlic in olive oil for 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to slow cooker.
- Using a food processor, chop zucchini and add it to the slow cooker.
- Add spinach to the food processor and processes until it's finely chopped.
- Add greens to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Recipe used in partnership with Fit Running Mama.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 315
- Fat 4.8 grams [Saturated Fat 0.3 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g]
- Protein 13.8 grams
- Sodium 229 mgs
- Carbohydrates 49.5 grams
- Fiber 11.9 grams
|Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)||Organic Vegetable Broth||Organic Bay Leaves|