A great twist on the traditional meatball appetizer. Cut out some of the fat and calories, while adding some valuable whole grains. Try it for your next party or game-day event!
- 3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons organic onion flakes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean turkey
- 1 1/2 cups organic quinoa, cooked
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons organic parsley leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cilantro
- 3/4 tablespoon organic ground pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl using your hands.
- Roll into balls and place in greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Serving Suggestion: For even more flavor, serve Quinoa Meatballs with mild BBQ sauce.
Serving Size: Makes 9 servings.