Sneak nutrition into your family’s next snack! These parmesan and pepper jack chia crackers are crispy, cheesy and, most importantly, full of nutrition. They’re fun to make and can be easily modified to your flavor preferences. Each serving of these gluten free crackers has 5 grams of fiber. Spice up your snack time with this spin on a boxed classic!
"These chia seed crackers are a crispy, crunchy delight!"— Jason H.
Time: 1 hour
Serving size: 12 crackers
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt blend
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (ground)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and form into a dough ball.
- Wrap dough in wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove the dough and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll with a rolling pin until dough is about 1/8-inch thick. Cut into squares.
- Move crackers onto baking sheets. Leave ½ inch between each cracker.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until brown and crispy.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 242
- Fat 19.3 grams [Saturated Fat 3.6 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2 g]
- Protein 11.9 grams
- Sodium 354.5 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 9 grams
- Fiber 5 grams
|Organic Chia Seed||Almond Meal Flour||Chili Powder|