No party is complete without salsa!
The best part about this homemade salsa is that you can customize it to your favorite flavors! Want it a little spicier? Add more jalapeno! Hate cilantro? Leave it out!
Plus, the sweet potato chips that accompany this paleo salsa are delicious. They’re crispy and flavorful and the perfect way to scoop salsa!
“This salsa is fresh and delicious! I’ll definitely make this recipe again.” – Jessica B.
Time: 1 hour + 45 minutes
Serving size: 3/4 cup
- 1 14.5 oz. can of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. can of organic diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Open tomato cans and place tomatoes in food processor. Add in onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic and cilantro. Process until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add in lime juice, honey, cumin and sea salt. Process until well incorporated and until desired salsa consistency is reached.
- Add more salt and cumin if needed. Refrigerate for an hour or more before eating.
Sweet Potato Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and arrange rack in the middle.
- Cover two or three baking sheets (depending on their size and how many sweet potato chips you end up with) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place sweet potato slices in a zip lock bag and add oil. Close bag and shake well, making sure all chips get covered in oil.
- Place sweet potato chips in a single layer on baking sheets and sprinkle paprika and sea salt evenly, to taste.
- Bake one sheet at a time until your sweet potato chip edges curl up and get golden brown, around 10 minutes for each baking sheet.
- Let chips cool down until they get a bit crispy.
- Place your chips in a bowl and enjoy along with salsa.
Recipe used in partnership with Amazing Paleo.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 88
- Fat 3.5 grams [Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g]
- Protein 1.2 grams
- Sodium 334 mg
- Carbohydrates 12 grams
- Fiber 2 grams
|Organic Honey||Organic Olive Oil||Organic Ground Cumin|