Oatmeal is a great breakfast, but those powders in most packaged instant mixes aren’t too healthy. Thankfully, overnight refrigerator oatmeal can be made at home for the next morning, while it sits in your fridge overnight.
- 1/2 cup uncooked organic old fashioned rolled oats
- 1-2 teaspoons organic chia seeds
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup organic fruit of choice
- 2/3 cup organic skim milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of organic sugar, honey or syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup organic Greek yogurt (optional)
- Pour oats, chia seeds and sugar in a jar with a lid (Mason jars Magic Bullet jars or Blender Bottles work great).
- Pour milk on top of dry ingredients (and add your yogurt here too if you choose). Close lid and shake it up.
- Add fruit on top and shake gently or stir it up.
- Refrigerate overnight and take and go in the morning! Great served cold or warm.
Serving Size: Makes 1 serving