Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this nutritious spin on a classic Mexican side dish!
Cauliflower makes an excellent low-carb replacement for rice in this traditional recipe.
Each serving has only 120 calories, which is less than half the calories in the traditional white rice version.
Enjoy this dish served next to enchiladas, tacos or your favorite entrée.
“Cauliflower rice is one of my family’s favorites. This combination of flavors is delicious!” – Rose D.
Time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
- 1 head small/medium cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater or the grating attachment on a food processor. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a large skillet over high heat and add in the onion and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until softened and fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add in the cauliflower and chicken broth and mix well. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower rice from heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve alongside any of your favorite Mexican dishes!
Recipe used in partnership with Fashionable Foods.Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories 120
- Fat 7.7 grams [Saturated Fat 4.4 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2.3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g]
- Protein 3.7 grams
- Sodium 209 mg
- Carbohydrates 10.9 grams
- Fiber 3.6 grams
- Sugar 4.3 grams
|Olive Oil||Organic Ghee Clarified Butter||Natural Tomato Paste|